Every exporter or importer needs the services of Air Cargo for the transfer of goods globally. Air Cargo services are important for the faster delivery of goods from one country to another or from one place to another worldwide. The Air Cargo is the fastest way for the shipment of goods in contrast to other types of transportation.
What kinds of goods shipped through Air Cargo? Normally Electronics, Pharmaceuticals and Apparel products are shipped through Air Cargo. The seasonal products, highly demanded products, samples and documents are also shipped through air cargo.
What cost factors include in Air Cargo? Below is the list of cost factors includes in the Air Cargo:
- The cost associated with fuel (fuel cost)
- Security cost.
- Freight costs related to terminal handling.
- Transfer costs at the airport
Other costs that are included in the Air Cargo are:
- Insurance cost
- Custom duty
- Delivery and pickup costs
Two types of Air Cargo shipment are:
- International Air Freight: International handles transfer a huge amount of goods and in some cases multiple carriers needed.
- Express Freight: Used for the transfer of smaller shipment.
Key Factors For Air Cargo Freight Charges
Mainly the two factors counted in the freight charge of Air Cargo:
Almost every cargo company charged on the basis of the actual volume weight or volumetric weight or depends on which one is more costly. The volume weight of goods is also known as the dimensional weight.
Many online calculators are available to measure the dimensional weight or actual weight for the light shipment.